Eternal Flame (Guardians, #1)

Eternal Flame (Guardians, #1) - Valerie Twombly I thoroughly enjoyed Eternal Flame which is book 1 in the Guardians series. It had suspense, action, mystery, and a love story that kept me rooting for the couple and hoping they would find their way to one another before all the obstacles against them really took root. Marcus is so lost after losing everyone he loved in the brutal war except his sister. He doesn't believe he wants to love again, much less take a mate. That feeling stays strong right up until the point that he meets Cassandra and then his basic instincts take over. Cassandra has her own wounds surrounding love, and she is determined to never allow anyone close to her heart again. While fighting a lust that is undeniable, Cassandra is desperate to protect her heart.....there's just one problem, Marcus is her destine mate and demands to be let in.

Valerie Twombly does an excellent job of building a visual of the alternate world the guardians live in, as well as building a sense of cohesiveness between the main characters. Her inclusion of the other warriors in the main story helped readers to get to know each of them better, but most of all to crave their individual stories. I'm so looking forward to learning more about King Aidyn and the depth of his overall power!

If you have enjoyed Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld, Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed Series, or Rebbeca Zanetti Dark Protectors Series, you will most certainly enjoy Eternal Flame! I'm giving this one 3.5 notes, and 4 flames! A great start to what seems to be shaping up to be a great series!

To see our interview with Valerie, visit the blog: http://diariesof2thickchicks.blogspot.com